Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline: February 11, 2009
We are accepting abstracts for posters to be presented during the 2009 NIGMS Workshop: Enabling Technologies for Structural Biology. Abstracts should be uploaded to this Web site or as an MS Word document attached to an e-mail and should be directed to the logistical contractor, Alicia Corbin, B L Seamon Corporation (BLS), at email@example.com.
Instructions for Abstracts:
- The abstract should include: Title (60 characters in capitals), topical category (see below), participant status (see below), authors, affiliation, contact e-mail address, and a concise narrative of the research described in the poster. The entire abstract, including text and graphics, should occupy one page in a 12-pitch standard font.
- The majority of the workshop platform program will consist of oral presentations selected from poster contributions. The description in the abstract should be specific and complete enough to permit the organizing committee to suitably judge the poster presentation for promotion to the oral session.
- Each abstract should include a designation of topical category: (1) Protein-Protein Interactions and Complexes, (2) Technologies for Functional Studies, (3) Problems and Solutions [this category is intended to include all the old problems which haven't/won't go away — a.k.a. "Traditional Bottlenecks"], (4) New and Improved Technologies [i.e., all the latest innovations], (5) Combined Approaches, and (6) Other.
- Each abstract should include an indication of the status of the submitters—meaning, whether the authors have participated before or whether the authors are new to the annual NIGMS workshops.
- Each abstract should include a contact e-mail address to facilitate communication with the authors.
- The organizing committee will communicate with the first named author as primary contact for all matters, including posters selected for oral presentation.
Submission and Review Process:
Submit your abstract via upload to this Web site or as an MS Word attachment in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of your submission will be provided via e-mail immediately after your submission is received.
Abstracts received on or before the receipt deadline of COB February 11, 2009, will be reviewed by the workshop organizing committee. Notice of poster promotion to the oral program will be provided by Dr. Charles Edmonds via e-mail to the first author on the abstract no later than COB February 18, 2009.