The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) invites you to join us in Washington, D.C. on September 16 to learn about and be part of public and private sector led advancements to equip and empower patients to better manage their health in a digital era. The Summit will feature:
- A summary of recent and upcoming policy and regulatory changes that are strengthening patients' rights and ability to access their health data electronically, including Meaningful Use and HITECH modifications to HIPAA.
- Examples of where Blue Button is being implemented to give consumers electronic access to their health data and a new tool to help consumers find out which providers, plans, and others offer Blue Button.
- Innovative apps that are addressing consumer needs and helping them use their health information in exciting ways, including the announcement of the Blue Button Co-Design Challenge winner.
- Business opportunities for developers to build eHealth tools.
- An announcement about a new eHealth campaign, including PSAs, and efforts by consumer advocacy organizations and others to build greater awareness of eHealth and to shift attitudes about patient participation in health and healthcare.
- Interactive breakout sessions on advancing greater awareness, developing applications and tackling real world implementation challenges.
The 2013 Consumer Health IT Summit will bring together Federal leaders including: Todd Park, U.S. Chief Technology Officer, Farzad Mostashari, National Coordinator for Health IT, HHS, Leon Rodriguez, Director, Office for Civil Rights and other leaders from the private and non-profit sectors. The 2013 Consumer Health IT Summit is a chance to learn from and share your experiences with others who are leading the charge to empower consumers to be better partners in their health.
Monday, September 16, 2013
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
1:00 PM – 1:45 PM EDT
Breakout Sessions (for in-person attendees only)
1:45 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
Hubert H. Humphrey Building
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20201
If you have questions about the program and agenda, please contact:
Erin Poetter Siminerio
Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
For questions related to registration, cancellation, and special requests (sign language interpretation, accessibility, etc.), please contact:
Phone: 301-577-0244, Ext. 2200